Carleton Is Mean

Carleton is mean

When I was 17 years old in 2011, and had been living with the Simpletons for about two months maybe, I had to deal constantly with the disrespect of Carleton. One of the most noteworthy, aside from insulting me to my face, when I told them I needed to go home and study one night at Damien's grandmother's house instead of watching a re-run of a show I've seen a hundred times which is what the guys wanted to do, he said something along the lines in a sarcastic tone "oh, Michael has better things to do." This was after he had been insulting me for over a month and there was nothing I could do to fight back or I would be homeless. At this time in my life I didn't allot myself any time for relaxation, I was consumed by studying in an attempt to stay on pace with my peers. I don't think he understood how slow in learning I was and that the only reason I was on r and ahead of my peers was the amount of pure time I spent on material when not in class.

Anyways the main purpose for this entry is to express my frustration with him and his enjoyment of playing the electric guitar. Whenever Carleton's mother wasn't home he would bring his electric guitar into the living room, 10 ft away, while I was studying Calculus and starts playing so loud you could hear it outside, but again this was downstairs. What's frustrating aside from having to wait an hour for him to get tired of it, was that he could play his guitar in his upstairs bedroom, but instead he for no benefit would come downstairs and just play so loud I couldn't hear myself think. Nothing helped. Closing the door, putting in music, and I couldn't confront him about it given his mother would have thrown me out of the house and onto the streets.

The instances of the electric guitar keeping me from studying senior year of high school and the inability to stop or even ask Carleton to go back upstairs for fear of homelessness it has just seared into my mind his disrespect and lack of understanding.

Now that it's twelve years later and I am self-sufficient, needing nothing from Carleton or his mother, Cathy, I have obviously chosen not to remain in contact with either. Carleton and I went to the e schools since elementary and were good friends up until high school when I was poor and had no family or any help at all. He chose to be mean to me every day, as in calling me names like "a fucking retard." Telling me "to shut the fuck up'. He made me dive into his car when he refused to come to a complete stop on a day he picked me up from tennis, bruising up my hips.

He was so very blessed his years of high school and instead of showing empathy, he was malevolent. I kept him from being beat up for three years in middle school, I sat next to him on the bus, I let him use my ipod, this was when he and his family had no money. Fast forward 5 years and the guy does nothing but try and hurt my feelings and feel like a lesser person, just an act of a spoiled child choosing wrong rather than right.