Chapter Twelve | Only Little Brats Embarrass Their Parents In Public

unedited
*Quick note: I'm gonna start calling both of the boys by their given names to avoid confusion between them and their family, so sorry for the sudden change. Enjoy!

It had been a week since the legendary weight-room scuffle. Surprisingly, Shoto and Katsuki managed to get through their punishment without killing each other. They didn't miss too much in the three days they were on house arrest. The only surprising thing was the concerning number of rumors that had circled around the school about the two boys.

Luckily, the two only had to endure the noticeable gossip for a couple of days until the long weekend rescued them. All of the UA students were sent home for a few days, finally able to spend some time with their family.

Shoto, like the rest of his classmates, traveled back to his house Thursday evening after school. Endeavor happened to be on a work trip for the weekend, which ended up working out in Shoto's favor. The young boy didn't care to be around the man that ruined his childhood more than he had too. Plus, the flaming piece of trash was probably infuriated with Shoto for getting placed under house arrest last week.

"Shoto~!" Fuyumi bounded towards Shoto, engulfing her younger brother in a giant bear hug. "I'm glad you're back! It's been forever," Shoto softly smiled, wrapping his arms around her to reciprocate the gesture.

"It's nice to see you, Fuyumi," he released from the embrace, bending down to take off his shoes. "Anyone else home?"

"Nope!" she enthusiastically answered, popping the 'P'. "Just you and me. A perfect opportunity for some brother-sister bonding!"

"That sounds nice and all, but I have homework," Shoto picked up his school bag, beginning to walk towards the stairs.

"Aww come on! You didn't come home just to do more schoolwork!" Fuyumi playfully whined as she followed him, jutting out her bottom lip in an exaggerated pout.

"I already missed a few days last week, I can't afford to fall farther behind," he turned to face the shorter girl. "I'm sorry,"

Fuyumi sighed. "It's okay. Do what you need to do," she pushed the hair on his forehead back, giving him a big grin. "I have some errands to run tomorrow. Why don't you come with me?"

Shoto nodded his head, trying to fix his hair to cover his forehead again. "Alright."

"Great! Now go get your homework done, dinner will be ready in an hour or so," she grinned, messing up his hair again before continuing on to the kitchen. The taller of two let out a long sigh, deciding to just leave his hair be. He slowly made his way up the stairs and to his room, closing the door behind him.

He dropped his schoolbag next to his book-covered desk, falling back onto his bed and staring up at the ceiling. "No place like home," he mumbled under his breath. The hot and cold boy closed his eyes, events of the past few weeks running through his head. Not much was going on besides the numerous run-ins with Katsuki.

That stupid spikey-headed dandelion with a temper as large as his ego. He's making life so much harder than it needs to be.

Shoto sighed at the statement, covering his face. He knew Katsuki wasn't to blame for everything that was going on. The blond is the same temperamental jerk he was during their first year, so why was Shoto reacting in such a negative way?

Shoto quickly sat up, shaking his head. He didn't need to be thinking about this right now. In an attempt to clear his head, he decided to spend the next few minutes training in the backyard.

.

|

.

|

.

|

.

|

.

"Hmm. Which brand should I get?" Fuyumi asked her younger brother. They were currently at the supermarket, and Fuyumi was having trouble deciding between two brands of coffee.

"Just get the one you usually get," Shoto suggested.

"But I wanna try the other one,"

"Then get the other one," Shoto rolled his eyes. Fuyumi might be the most indecisive person he's ever met. She stared at the shelf, gaze shifting between the two bags.

"What if it's not good?" 

"Oh my god, Fuyumi-"

"If I were you, I'd get this one," a voice suddenly spoke from the right, startling the Todoroki siblings. "Those brands are okay and all, but this is the most delicious coffee you'll find at this shitty store,"

Shoto's eyes nearly popped out of his head. The lady was standing in front of the brother and sister, holding a bag of coffee out in front of her for the two to see. What freaked Shoto out was the uncanny resemblance she had with a certain fiery classmate of his. Blonde spikey hair, deep red eyes, a sharp gaze, and the clearest skin Shoto had ever seen.

The confused boy rubbed his eyes, an uneasy expression crossing his face when the woman's features didn't change. "I must be going insane,"

"THERE YOU ARE! STUPID HAG!"

"I'm hearing his voice now. Have I been cursed or something?"

"Shoto, isn't that one of your classmates?" Fuyumi pointed the end of the aisle. Shoto glanced down the aisle, surprised to see his fiery classmate.

"Why the hell did you force me to come with you if you're just gonna wander off-" the angry boy stopped his rant as his eyes caught sight of a familiar head of red and white hair. "You've got to be kidding me..."

Shoto turned and let out a sigh of relief. "Looks like I haven't lost my sanity just yet,"

"WHAT THE FU-"

"LANGUAGE!" the lady who had kindly recommended the best brand of coffee to Fuyumi cut off the boy with a hit to the back of his head. "I DIDN'T BRING YOU TO THE STORE WITH ME SO YOU COULD ACT LIKE A LITTLE SHIT IN PUBLIC!"

The boy growled but didn't make any sound of protest. Fuyumi was very obviously caught off guard by the sudden yelling, while Shoto looked more amused at the fact his difficult classmate actually listened to someone.

"I apologize for this one," the blonde lady sheepishly rubbed the back of her neck. "He acts like quite the little monster sometimes,"

"DON'T MAKE IT SOUND AS IF I'M SOME KID!"

"I'LL TREAT YOU LIKE A LITTLE KID AS LONG AS YOU CONTINUE TO ACT LIKE ONE!"

"I DON'T ACT LIKE A KID!"

"ONLY LITTLE BRATS EMBARRASS THEIR PARENTS IN PUBLIC LIKE THIS YOU LITTLE SHIT!"

"YOU'RE EMBARRASSING YOURSELF, YOU OLD WITCH!"

"Not to intrude, but you two should probably quiet down a little. People are starting to stare," Fuyumi suggested in a hushed manner, gesturing to the concerned and probably scared customers behind them.

"Excuse me," a firm voice spoke from behind the arguing mother and son. They turned, greeted with the sight of a very angry store manager.

_______________

This one is for @JIMINWIFE666☺️