Chapter Ten | Let's Stop

unedited

So, the treadmills practically exploded.

Fortunately, it was chalked up to a motor malfunction and the two boys got off with a simple warning. Coach Tateru thought it would be best if they kept it from Aizawa for the time being, knowing all about the trouble the two powerful students had been getting into recently. As long as they stayed out of trouble for the rest of the class, they'd be fine.(ahaha)

After the treadmill disaster, the class eventually got refocused and moved on to weightlifting. They were placed at stations that were already assigned to them, just like before. Everyone was in a different place surrounded by new people.

Everyone except Boom Boy and Elsa, of course. 

"How convenient," Bakugo hissed, annoyed with how much these two had been paired up lately. Todoroki rolled his eyes and ignored the blond, picking up a 20-pound weight to start. "Are you ignoring me, asshole!?"

"With all disrespect, I don't really wanna waste my breath talking to you." Todoroki sneered, glaring daggers as Bakugo.

"Shut it you peppermint prick! Don't act as if you're all high and mighty when you can't even get over your pathetic daddy issues," the blond glared back.

"Says the one who pretends like he's better than everyone when he can't get over his damn ego,"

"Oh please, I could take you down in an instant!"

"I'm not afraid of a damn grenade,"

"Pretend all you want but we both know I'm powerful! Even the League wanted my power!"

"They probably only wanted you because of your uncontrollable rage!"

"You bastard! More annoying than that stupid nerd!"

"That's just another thing to add to the list of what makes you so dysfunctional! Always angry and practically obsessed with Midoriya!"

"I'm dysfunctional!? You say that as if you have your life all figured out when you don't even know what type of person you're into!"

"Might I remind you that you have no idea what your sexuality is either!"

The two death glared at each other, tension rising as they spit venomous words back and forth. They held intense eye contact, barely paying attention to the weights they were lifting. A few classmates shot worried glances at them, concerned by their aggressive mumbling.

"At least I have what it takes to make it to the top! You're just like your shitty dad, second best," Bakugo spat. Todoroki's eyes darkened and he dropped his weights on the ground. Bakugo crossed a line.

"Don't you dare compare me to my father. And you're delusional if you actually think I'm second to the likes of you. I let you win the tournament last year. There's no way you'd win against my full power, and you know it,"

That's it. That's the insult that pushed Bakugo over the edge.

"ICY-HOT ASSHOLE!" the blond shouted, throwing one of his weights right at Todoroki's head. Luckily, he dodged, but the mirror behind him wasn't as fortunate. The glass shattered, alerting everyone in the room. Bakugo paid no mind, infuriated beyond belief.

He jumped at Todoroki, knocking them both onto the glass-covered floor. They started throwing punches at each other, getting bruised up from each others' fists and cuts from the glass scattered around them.

"YOU BASTARD! THINK YOU'RE BETTER THAN ME?!" Bakugo yelled, landing a punch on Todoroki's face. The half and half boy kicked the blond off of him.

"OF COURSE I'M NOT BETTER THAN YOU! THE PROBLEM IS THAT YOU THINK YOU'RE BETTER THAN EVERYBODY ELSE!" he shouted back, punching Bakugo right in the nose.

"LIKE HELL I DO! I HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO BEFORE I'M AT THE TOP, AND YOU'RE GETTING IN MY WAY!" Bakugo pounced at Todoroki, punching him in the stomach.

"I'M TRYING TO GET TO THE TOP TOO!"

"THERE'S NO WAY EITHER OF US ARE GONNA GET ANYWHERE AS LONG AS WE KEEP FIGHTING!"

"THEN LET'S STOP!"

"BREAK IT UP!" Coach Tateru forcefully shoved them apart. "EVERYONE OUT!" he demanded, effectively scaring the students into leaving the gymnasium.

The bloodied and bruised boy stood there panting, beginning to digest the words that were spoken during the fistfight. They were both surprised by what each other said, even more so by what they said themselves.

Coach Tataru looked at the two boys and let out a sigh. "Mr. Aizawa will here about this. Principal Nezu too. I have a feeling you two are gonna get a pretty harsh punishment, so I won't scold you," he turned and began walking towards the hallway where the rest of the class was waiting. "Go get yourselves cleaned up. Todoroki, go to the locker room. Bakugo, you go back to the dorms. I don't want any more fights going on,"

Todoroki followed the coach out, Bakugo silently exiting on the east side of the gym. They both had a lot to think about.

_______________

Double update👀