Chapter 14

Throughout her classes, Amy could hardly focus. Her mind blurred between waves of dizziness and a restless urge to find her mate. It was very weird. After all, Amy needed to work harder in her studies and catch up whatever she had missed in school, not pine after a guy who was supposedly her soulmate.

After every class, Amy could faintly remember going to each teacher and asking for notes on the chapters she had missed while she was away. The memory was very blurry and Amy could not wait for 'break'.

When 'break' arrived, however, Amy was more restless than before. She could smell pine trees close to her but whenever she turned around, the guy with green eyes was nowhere to be seen. It was almost as if he wanted to be close to her yet he was hiding away from her.

Her fever went down every time she inhaled his scent and Amy took in shaky breaths to calm herself from running after him and demanding to know the reason why he seemed to be hiding from her. She was no match for his werewolf speed anyways.

The class flitted by like a lost memory and Amy could not even remember how quickly lunchtime seemed to arrive. It felt almost as though someone had toyed around with the clocks to get Amy out of the classrooms faster.

She hardly registered walking to the canteen, buying food with Liann and sitting at a long, orange table that was meant to seat at least eight people. All she remembered was sniffing the air like a lunatic and looking anxiously from one corner of the room to another.

Amy sighed under her breath. If she managed to meet the guy with green eyes, she would give him a tight slap on his face for making her go through such crazy emotions. A blush started to spread over her cheeks as she thought of what she would do once she slapped him.

Liann broke through Amy's thoughts with her slightly rough voice. "Are you alright, Amy? You don't look well," she asked, concern in her eyes.

Amy's heart swelled to see that someone, who she hardly knew for two days, was concerned about her wellbeing and she shook her head with a smile. "I'm fine. Just a bit annoyed," Amy replied.

Liann raised an eyebrow. "Annoyed? At who? Wait... Is it me? I am so sorry for whatever I did! I promise I didn't mean to. I mean, I could've done it accidentally! Please don't be mad at me!" she rambled.

Amy shook her head. "Calm down, Liann. I am not angry at you. You're my friend. I can't stay angry at my friends for long, anyways," she said, smiling.

Liann smiled back, her grey eyes shining brightly. She couldn't believe that Amy considered her as a friend. It had been so long since she had a friend. She just wished that Amy wouldn't leave her like her previous friends did.

"Can we join you?" A deep voice said from above them and Amy looked up in surprise. Her lips curled into a smile when the scent pine trees surrounded her and she saw that the guy with green eyes standing in the group of people who wanted to join them. Gone were the thoughts of wanting to slap him. All Amy wanted to do now was just take him somewhere far away where only both of them would be and learn more about him that anyone ever had.

"Of course, Zach," Liann said but Amy hardly heard it. Her eyes were stuck on her supposed mate, who seemed to be looking everywhere except at her. She didn't understand why he didn't want to meet her eyes. After all, they were mates and that fact was as clear as day.

She remembered the last time he met her eyes. The tingles and electricity in the air. The moment had been magical. Until the foolish bell had rang. The moment broke after that but Amy couldn't help wishing another moment to come like that.

A sudden realisation struck her as he continued staring at his plate even though he was conscious of her eyes on him. He didn't want to look at her. It was obvious by the way he was shifting uneasily on his feet, ready to bolt if she even dared talk to him.